Thread: Lowering Kit With Adjustable Shocks

Default Lowering Kit With Adjustable Shocks

Guys I'm looking into lowering the truck, probably 2" in the front, and 4" in the rear. Each kit I have found just has standard shocks, and I was wondering if it is possible to get adjustables that work with a lowering kit??
    418 ci and F1A.

Best way to get the correct length drag shock would be to lower the truck then measure the install height of the shock after the drop. Then you can call the shock manufacturer to get you the correct shock. They might have to fix you up with a shock that is for a different vehicle and then have to get a bushing kit so that the eyelit of the shock will work on the truck.

2nd option would be to measure your current install height of your shocks then subtract the inches you plan on dropping it. For example, if your current install height of your shock is 16" and you plan to lower it 4 inches, theoritcaly you would have a 12" install hieght. Then call the shock manufacturer and tell them you plan on having a shock install height of 12" and have them provide you with a shock that would work for that height. But make sure that you ask if the bushing eyelit of the shock will fit the ram, and if it doesnt ask if they have a bushing kit that you could replace the bushings so that they will fit the ram.

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks Loredo this helps a lot!
    418 ci and F1A.

you could also do the QA1's, they have single and double adjustable ones. pretty penny, but have worked well on the dakota.

the neat thing about the adjustables is you have multiple shocks in 1. main reason i went with them, plus the QA1's are rebuildable

BIGGER 2012 Ram Express True Blue Pearl
    BADDER 2003 Dodge Dakota Atlantic Blue Pearl

If you have a gen 4 then it wheel hops and when you lower the truck 4" useing the stock shock your wheel hop problem is gone because the shock becomes stiffer.

]2014 sport crew cab 8 speed 3.92 gears