Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Circle D vs. Edge

I honestly think I got a lemon with my circle d I had. It is giving my buddy the same issues it gave me when I ran it. I certainly didn't start this thread to bash circle d. Chris was always helpful when I originally purchased and had even offered to take a look at the converter all these years later.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Jason

You said you got the Circle-D when they were still relatively new to the 545 trans? Probably just a little buggy.

FWIW, Edge had their fair share of issues in the beginning too.

My 1st aftermarket converter was a Martin Saine 2800 and was not much different than stock.

2nd one was a 4000 stall Continental which boiled the trans fluid after 4 passes and also cost me 2 transmission rebuilds. Atleast I finished out the racing season with it.

3rd was a Street Edge 2800 which was the highest stall offered at the time. I wrecked it within a week (laid the fins over) plus it costed me another transmission rebuild.

4th was an 11" billet Edge 4000 converter which flashed at 5000. Would have made for a great track converter, but confused the pcm on the street and made it worthless as far as street manners where concered.

5th was a 9 1/2" billet Edge 3800 converter and would only get the trans temps to 115* in the summer heat. Even testing with a piece of cardboard over the trans cooler the highest temps I seen was 145*. Andre wasn't happy with those low of temps and had me send the converter back to loosen it up.

6th converter was an 11" billet Edge 3000 and with the amount of tq I could hit it off the line ended up flashing at 3800 rpm, but still was 3000 with normal street driving. I really loved that converter and has given me my best 1/8 mile short time numbers to date.

Number 7 was when Andre loosened up the billet 9 1/2". I lost time in the short half. In fact a full tenth at the 330 but picked up both e.t and mph at the big end.

Number 8 is in my truck right now. I'm back to the Edge billet 11", but this time just a tad looser than my last 11". Track times to follow....God willing.
    Built, Not bought.

I didn't know they could get a 11" converter to flash that high!
    2016 F150 2.7 ecoboost
    AFE stage 2 intake, SW exhaust and tuned

Quote Originally Posted by marku View Post
    I didn't know they could get a 11" converter to flash that high!
    If you notice how he stated that high of a stall from an 11 inch. It only stalls that high in 4x4 on the track. 2wd it stalls to 3000
    When you stop playing in the kiddie pool
    SharaDon Performance