Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Circle D vs. Edge

I've heard a tune would help with the surging.

Don't have experience though. I'm still rocking a stocker.

My truck loves the 245mm Circle D. 0 problems for over 50k hard miles
    I doubt you had a defective unit. Maybe a defective foot lol
    Wheatley Trick Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 06RamHemi View Post
    My truck loves the 245mm Circle D. 0 problems for over 50k hard miles
    I doubt you had a defective unit. Maybe a defective foot lol
    My new edge shipped yesterday, guess we will find out if it was my foot or the unit that was defective soon enough
    Jason

I would send it back to Chris and tell him the problems you were having with it.
    If he finds something wrong with it,maybe you will get a credit.
    Eitherway,he probably would like to look at it.
    Both companies make great converters.And both are great people to deal with.
    2010 4x2 1500 RC 3:92 LSD.
    American Racing LT Ceramic Coated SS Headers.
    AEM Intake(Dryflow filter).
    Drag Radials.
    Moes 87MM throttlebody.
    Flexalight 295dual fan.
    258MM -2800 Triple Disc Circle-D converter.
    91 Superchip tune.
    Now driving a
    2014 CCLB Eco diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hemi View Post
    I would send it back to Chris and tell him the problems you were having with it.
    If he finds something wrong with it,maybe you will get a credit.
    Eitherway,he probably would like to look at it.
    Both companies make great converters.And both are great people to deal with.
    After I pulled it I gave it to a buddy of mine. He said he didn't care about the surging. Sure enough after he installed it his truck started doing the same thing my truck had been doing. That is why I think it was a defective unit. If he ever decides to pull it I will probably send it back to circle d to see what exactly was wrong with it.
    Jason

So have you put in your edge yet
    Current upgrades
    -Jet 180-Mopar Gauges-Borla Cat-Back-4ga Dynamic Grounding -10ga TB grounding-Sonnax trans line pressure-BBK Shorties#4009-TheFastMan Throttle Body-SCT HemiFever Custom Tune Magnaflow y-pipe #10748-Doug's cutout #H1131-K&N Intake 57-1533-Comp 268 Cam -6.1 springs,pushrods-Summit UD Pulley

Upgrades to come and I am done:
    1.Edge Converter (2400-2600)2. Race Ready Electric cutout 3. Detroit True Trac 4.Motive 4.10 gears 5.McGaughys shackles

It is supposed to be delivered on Friday. Then I have to find the time and some nice weather to install it.
    Jason

I think i can answer your question? I had an 08 q/c 4x4 Heads,cam,lts...ect ect first started with a circle d suppose to be 3k it was loose as could be and surged just like your experiencing. Truck performed very well under power but daily driving was not good...not normal. Switched to an edge 2800 and verter was much tighter drove a ton better with no surging still flashing to 2800ish from a dig. My opinion is the truck converter is truck dependent plus year dependent. One will run like crap in one truck and good in another or different year, i think its all on torque converter feed back that gives you the surging. When i went to the edge i ordered a stock size 280 i think...sorry been out of the dodge scene for a bit, but stock stall size with a 2800 stall speed worked great for me drove great around town and still stalled right up to 2800ish with my foot on the floor. I am by no means bashing circle d...i just bought a new gmc truck and im gonna call chris for a converter. In the GM world with there amazing tuning options Circle d is pretty much God for transmission parts. In the chrysler/dodge world i would go edge. I hope this helps

I now drive a 04 GMC VHO for a daily and still went with Edge over Circle D. My trans builder for the GMC said he wouldn't install the trans if I used a Circle D, he got that bad of a taste in his mouth by them. Have heard some things that really turned my nose up to Circle D, yes they are popular but the things I heard shouldn't have been...

Both make there mistakes but Edge has the best reputation that precedes Circle D's advertisement and following, especially for the 545RFE.
    2014 RAM 1500 Express QC 2wd Hemi

5.7 Stock Block
    1/4 - 12.18 @ 110.15 NA
    1/8 - 7.74 @ 89.06 NA

426 Stroker
    1/8 - 7.16 @ 95.79 NA

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 RCSB 2wd - ERL 454 LS2 Dry-Sleeve powered drag truck...

SOLD - 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 2wd Hemi
    1/4: 12.63 @ 104.92 NA
    1/8: 7.98 @ 84.83 NA

Quote Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
    "It rubs the oil on its piston.."

Quote Originally Posted by jmgak47 View Post
    I now drive a 04 GMC VHO for a daily and still went with Edge over Circle D. My trans builder for the GMC said he wouldn't install the trans if I used a Circle D, he got that bad of a taste in his mouth by them. Have heard some things that really turned my nose up to Circle D, yes they are popular but the things I heard shouldn't have been...

Both make there mistakes but Edge has the best reputation that precedes Circle D's advertisement and following, especially for the 545RFE.
    Are situations are a little bit different the 4L 4speed series transmission lots of ppl are making performance parts for them now because they have been out for awhile. My 6l90 six speed circle D is leading the race and getting those transmissions to hold 1000+hp. Pretty impressive both converter companies have plus and minuses.