Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My demon project

No, I dont have to money to paint the whole car right now. I just did the engine bay for now and next winter Ill paint the whole car. I wanted a fun drivetrain more than a pretty car!

After I get it up and running Im going to pull the heater box out and paint that blower motor. It looks awful right now. Trying to do one thing at a time instead of overwhelming myself. Ive also got a wilwood front disc brake kit to go on it.
    CHRIS
    2003 4.7L QC RAM
    SCT Tune by HEMIFEVER / Killians Ported and Polished Heads / HO Cams / JBA Headers / Gibson Dual Extreme Exhaust / 4.10 Motive Gears with LSD / DMH electric cutout / Fastman 70mm Throttle body / Jet 180 Tstat / Ramhammer / Sonnax Transmission Line Pressure Booster / Powerwire / Jetstream Scoop / Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge / Custom Powdercoated Srt10 wheels wrapped in 305-40-22 Nitto 420s / Sport Conversion / McGaughys 2/4 Deluxe Drop

Sounds good, at least you painted the bay before putting the motor in.

Sounds like you have the recipe for a pretty badass car once it's rolling.

let me try, im a genius

Yeah, It really bothers me when I see a really nice car and they painted the engine bay black. Kills the whole car for me!
    CHRIS
    2003 4.7L QC RAM
    SCT Tune by HEMIFEVER / Killians Ported and Polished Heads / HO Cams / JBA Headers / Gibson Dual Extreme Exhaust / 4.10 Motive Gears with LSD / DMH electric cutout / Fastman 70mm Throttle body / Jet 180 Tstat / Ramhammer / Sonnax Transmission Line Pressure Booster / Powerwire / Jetstream Scoop / Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge / Custom Powdercoated Srt10 wheels wrapped in 305-40-22 Nitto 420s / Sport Conversion / McGaughys 2/4 Deluxe Drop

Some manufacturers had black engine bays, GM specifically the inner fenders and some firewalls. But mopars always had painted bays.

Most people would've just dropped the motor in and waited to paint it later. Like you have it, it's motivation to spray the rest of the car

let me try, im a genius

Mopars is specifically what I was referring too. Yes it is motivation for sure.

My car is definitely a surprise to pop the hood and see that bright green.
    CHRIS
    2003 4.7L QC RAM

Looks awesome man, I am absolutely jealous.
    '04 Ram STS Turbo

'06 Magnum SRT8

Looks great!

Your missing a few header bolts on the driverside

They are all in there now! I am all ready to start it, except for the driveshaft. I'll get that tomorrow and I'll post a video for you guys.
    CHRIS
    2003 4.7L QC RAM

I got it running last night. It is incredibly ill mannered. I am going to change out the camshaft.the cam I got is too big for my application. I didn't realize it was as big as it is whenever I ordered it.I'm not going to be running enough converter or gear to make this cam work.I'm not building a race car I just want a good handling fast street car. Not sure when that is going to happen though.
    CHRIS
    2003 4.7L QC RAM

Just looked in your first post, that is definitely a pretty rowdy cam for a 340, especially for your goals with the car.

I've always liked the purple shaft grinds, they sound good and work well. And they have a few tame grinds that are perfect for cruisers.

Glad to hear you got it running though. Hope you don't have too many bugs to work out so you can start enjoying it

let me try, im a genius