Thread: 51 Fargo

Default 51 Fargo

Did a little work to the 51 that I'm piecing together for my dad. We got it up to a finished enough state that we now have it out for the safety check to hopefully get it licensed and insured this week. The body is very rust free, and we have it mounted on a newer dakota chassis that we shortened. Motor is an old 360 LA interceptor, with a rebuilt 904 trans. It's been quite a bit of work getting the old body onto the dakota frame and trying to keep everything hid so it looks like a vintage truck. This thing is super light and will move out very well!!! We gave it a quick flat black paint job, just to get it one colour, but it needs serious body work (which we may do down the road) but for now it's just something to drive and enjoy. These trucks are extremely rare in my area. Still very much a work in progress, but it's getting there.

Last edited by TrueCowboy426; 08-21-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    02 Ram QCSB 4.7 4x4
    05 Ram QCSB 5.7 4x4
    07 Power Wagon QCSB 6spd, KRC 210X
    87 Ram W100, carb'd 5.7 hemi, 727, 4x4
    53 Fargo 360 4bbl
    87 RCSB Dakota BB 413 powered
    98.5 QCSB 2500 cummins 4x4, 150hp injectors, Edge Comp
    And a couple of jeeps for good measure.

That truck is SWEET! It's a few years older than me, but tell me...are those factory driving lights?
    Built, Not bought.

thats fargin sweet

EX dodge ram owner
    EX Mustang Owner
    NEW mustang owner 2013 gt premium race red dildo stick with a man pedal, damn my conformity

Truck is actually a 53, but we only had an ownership and Vin for a 51. It's a couple years older than my father also, but it's in much better shape

As for the lights, sort of. The headlights are the factory buckets, but the bulbs and trim ring are from an old Jeep CJ grill I had sitting around. My dad just happened to think that the lights and chrome bezel would fit and they do, and actually look almost identical to the actual parts. The front turn signals lens and housing are also from the CJ, but they don't look quite right. Rear lights are just cheapy trailer lights until I decide what I'm going to do for a rear bumper and get proper lights for it that will flow with what ever direction dad decides to take with the truck. I also have most of the emblems and grill that still need to go back on the truck, but just haven't got there yet.
    02 Ram QCSB 4.7 4x4
    05 Ram QCSB 5.7 4x4
    07 Power Wagon QCSB 6spd, KRC 210X
    87 Ram W100, carb'd 5.7 hemi, 727, 4x4
    53 Fargo 360 4bbl
    87 RCSB Dakota BB 413 powered
    98.5 QCSB 2500 cummins 4x4, 150hp injectors, Edge Comp
    And a couple of jeeps for good measure.

That is awesome!
    perfect build truck. A Custom painted dash, steering wheel and gauges would be badass.
    Jordan
    2004 Rumble bee, black, 4x4 Comp 260, Vararam, Dynatech, Aero 3030, 183 Efan, QTP Ecutout, 2800K stall, 4:56's, Auburn, SC 91
    89 Iroc Z, midnight blue, 350, auto All original...for now.

thats pretty awesome, definately something you dont see every day!

Ben O.
    04 RB 4x4 #859
    Crane 216 - Summit 20% UD Pulley - Pacesetter LT Headers - Magnaflow 3in High Flow Cats - Moes Ported TB - Jet 180 T-Stat - K&N FPIK - Zex 125 Shot - Custom Tuned with SCT by Hemifever

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Moes Performance
    Hemifever Tuning

That's sweet! I could imagine how much work it could have been to get it to lay on the frame you had. Still have never seen one of these trucks in person. Keep it nice!