Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Duster

Quote Originally Posted by ivegotcows View Post
    Not free but close. I got a really good deal on it. I bought a 360 today so Im one step closer to my 408. Hopefully I can collect parts this year and assemble next winter. Then Ill get to the body work. Really looking forward to the project!!
    skip the 408 idea and do a hemi. Much easier hp per ci.
    When you stop playing in the kiddie pool
    SharaDon Performance

Too expensive and too heavy. I want performance and handling.
    CHRIS
    2003 4.7L QC RAM
    SCT Tune by HEMIFEVER / Killians Ported and Polished Heads / HO Cams / JBA Headers / Gibson Dual Extreme Exhaust / 4.10 Motive Gears with LSD / DMH electric cutout / Fastman 70mm Throttle body / Jet 180 Tstat / Ramhammer / Sonnax Transmission Line Pressure Booster / Powerwire / Jetstream Scoop / Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge / Custom Powdercoated Srt10 wheels wrapped in 305-40-22 Nitto 420s / Sport Conversion / McGaughys 2/4 Deluxe Drop

Quote Originally Posted by ivegotcows View Post
    Too expensive and too heavy. I want performance and handling.
    I'm pretty sure he meant a new Hemi. Which, in the scheme of things, isn't much more expensive, if at all, than a magnum motor. To build a 450hp magnum that will last, be prepared to spend at least 5k for the motor alone.

A junkyard 5.7 with new rings, seals, and bolts. Add a good set of heads and a camshaft and your every bit of 450hp that will run for 100k+ miles if you take care of it.

let me try, im a genius

actually a stroked 5.7 with a carb and fast tuner wouldnt be a bad idea...but 408s are hard to beat because they're so popular. since you're giong for handling and whatnot, do you plan to move the engine back at all?

Ben O.
    04 RB 4x4 #859
    Crane 216 - Summit 20% UD Pulley - Pacesetter LT Headers - Magnaflow 3in High Flow Cats - Moes Ported TB - Jet 180 T-Stat - K&N FPIK - Zex 125 Shot - Custom Tuned with SCT by Hemifever

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Moes Performance
    Hemifever Tuning

I dont want to mess with having to convert it over to a carburetor. Ive already got several parts for the 408.
    CHRIS
    2003 4.7L QC RAM
    SCT Tune by HEMIFEVER / Killians Ported and Polished Heads / HO Cams / JBA Headers / Gibson Dual Extreme Exhaust / 4.10 Motive Gears with LSD / DMH electric cutout / Fastman 70mm Throttle body / Jet 180 Tstat / Ramhammer / Sonnax Transmission Line Pressure Booster / Powerwire / Jetstream Scoop / Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge / Custom Powdercoated Srt10 wheels wrapped in 305-40-22 Nitto 420s / Sport Conversion / McGaughys 2/4 Deluxe Drop

Any updates?
    '04 Ram STS Turbo

'06 Magnum SRT8

Not really, Ive been doing little things here and there. Currently the entire wiring harness is out. The guy that had it before me really half assed everything he touched, so ive mostly been fixing his stuff.

Ive got the headers on, shifter, torque converter, and manual valve body in it.
    CHRIS
    2003 4.7L QC RAM