Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: lightest 2wd quad cab????

Quote Originally Posted by HemiRamOn22s View Post
    i weighed my 4x4 QC today with 1/2 tank of fuel it was 5560. this is a fully loaded laramie. spare was in the truck and about 60 lbs worth of crap. so id call it 5500. i dont know how you guys are getting 6,000+ i think you are a bit crazy!

truck has stock 20s and side step bars. no tonneau, has a hitch, sunroof, power slider, every option except navi
    I weighed a 04 QC 4x4. (lived in) 5710. Don't remember how much gas was in it. I was suprised it weighed that much???

My truck with me in it. I weigh 200 lbs and I can still take out the passenger seat, center console and sub box that holds two 12's. I am guessing I can get it down to 4450 with me in it. To get to 4595, I had 17's two are stock alumunim wheels with DRs and the other two are spare steelies, spare is always out, sway bar is always out, and tailgate was off, overload springs are gone, no rear wheel wells, and thats it.

why our scales are CAT certified. im not going to waste the money when i can do it for free. my 2wd QC on 17s weighs 4980 with 1/2 tank of fuel. same scale.

i think alot of guys confuse GVW with the actual weight of the truck. they are two completly different things...
    i know you may not believe this but here goes. i've wieghed mine at both track scales and cat scales and got different results. the cat scale always says i'm 200-300 heavier than i am. now that being said the very first time i used a track scale i know it had been certified for the orielly nationals race at ennis 2 weeks prior. all or my wiegh ins since then have been fairly accurate. the problem is the cat scales are ment to wiegh heavier larger vihicles that have a bigger footprint for thier wieght and our little trucks dont wiegh properly on them. now one thing you can do is some speed shops have individual scales for each tire that would be a good way to wiegh it with more accurate results.

Quote Originally Posted by hemi_loredo03 View Post

My truck with me in it. I weigh 200 lbs and I can still take out the passenger seat, center console and sub box that holds two 12's. I am guessing I can get it down to 4450 with me in it. To get to 4595, I had 17's two are stock alumunim wheels with DRs and the other two are spare steelies, spare is always out, sway bar is always out, and tailgate was off, overload springs are gone, no rear wheel wells, and thats it.

haha i'm lighter than you.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhorse5778 View Post
    i know you may not believe this but here goes. i've wieghed mine at both track scales and cat scales and got different results. the cat scale always says i'm 200-300 heavier than i am. now that being said the very first time i used a track scale i know it had been certified for the orielly nationals race at ennis 2 weeks prior. all or my wiegh ins since then have been fairly accurate. the problem is the cat scales are ment to wiegh heavier larger vihicles that have a bigger footprint for thier wieght and our little trucks dont wiegh properly on them. now one thing you can do is some speed shops have individual scales for each tire that would be a good way to wiegh it with more accurate results.
    If thats so then my 4wd QC weighs 5300 lbs?

and my 2wd QC weighs 4700 lbs?

ive stood on the scale by myself. it says i weight 180 and thats what i weigh so its accurate even for small weights.
    HemiRamOn22s
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
    12.16@110.5 60'-1.70

2004 Black Ram QC 2wd HEMI - RIP
    2014 Black Ram CC 4wd HEMI
    2012 Black JK Wrangler Unlimited

Philadelphia Phillies
    2008 World Series Champions!!!

March of '08 at Las Vegas my p/u in race trim, weight was 4700lbs. One year later, March of '09, guess what, 4700lbs! Now, April of this year(09), I weigh my p/u at Ennis twice( raced there twice in April), guess what, 4700lbs in race trim! All times I weight, I was in truck! I weigh 270/275!

I would say that the scales at Ennis is right on! My p/u w/o me is 4430.

I removed ft. sway bar 4 years ago, remove tailgate, spare tire and all loose items in cab, tools, spare parts, maps, etc. I don't remove seats,panels,etc,I
    don't have carpet, I'am a st, brought for racing!

Track scales have to be certified also!!

If and when I lower my p/u's weight,it should be easy for me to get down to 4100/4200lbs.

Have fun, stay safe!!
    Best time: 9.00 in 1/8th-14.22 in 1/4 _60ft 2.024
    11/19/2006

If thats so then my 4wd QC weighs 5300 lbs?

and my 2wd QC weighs 4700 lbs?

ive stood on the scale by myself. it says i weight 180 and thats what i weigh so its accurate even for small weights.

those wieghts are about what they should wieght if you don't believe me ask jerry or one of the other 4wd sc guys.

I think I physically gained at least 50 lbs from last year..uhhh! the scale at the track I used can't be that accurate..it looked like a relic... so I wouldn't believe it either...

(5.7) 12.96 @104 na (neg da)

(5.7) 12.10 @113 sprayin

over 282,000 miles on odo...

(6.4) 12.54 @107 na