Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally started wiring my Ms3 Pro

Default Finally started wiring my Ms3 Pro

So I've finally started wiring up my Ms3 Pro megasquirt. ive already spent almost a full weekend, plus a few week nights on it, but it feel like I haven't gotten anywhere on it. Although I am doing my best to make sure I do a very thorough and clean install. Which takes some serious time. Between soldering everything, heat shrinking every single soldered connection and crimp connector, and making it look as professional as I can, it's going to be extremely time consuming. But my goal is to get it all done and tuned by the 22nd of September for the next no prep event at the 1/8 mile track that's close to me.. Which I would think should be 100% do-able. I attached a picture of what I've done so far. Everything in that Picure is what will be mounted right inside the glove box. I took out the actual tray part of the glove box so I can just swing the glove box lid open and it'll all be right there and easily accessible. Other than that, Im almost done with the injector wiring and main power from the battery. But I don't have pictures of those yet. I'll keep posting pictures of my progress and things I run into along the way if you guys are interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mac Chapman

TWIN 66MM TURBO 392 STROKER W/ 727 TORQUEFLITE

Here's another picture of it all sitting in the truck in the glove box area. It's a photo from Snapchat so don't mind the caption and my leg that I didn't really realize was in the photo. Haha.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mac Chapman

This is going to be an awesome install. I dont have the patience to route wires so perfectly!
    '04 Ram STS Turbo

'06 Magnum SRT8

Looks good! I am so OCD with wiring also, even where it can't be seen it has to look good!
    2014 RAM 1500 Express QC 2wd Hemi

5.7 Stock Block
    1/4 - 12.18 @ 110.15 NA
    1/8 - 7.74 @ 89.06 NA

426 Stroker
    1/8 - 7.16 @ 95.79 NA

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 RCSB 2wd - ERL 454 LS2 Dry-Sleeve powered drag truck...

SOLD - 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 2wd Hemi
    1/4: 12.63 @ 104.92 NA
    1/8: 7.98 @ 84.83 NA

Quote Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
    "It rubs the oil on its piston.."

Bad ass Mac. Is the Megasquirt considered a piggy back system? Or is this replacing your PCM?

Quote Originally Posted by adamsredlines View Post
    This is going to be an awesome install. I dont have the patience to route wires so perfectly!
    Thanks, I hope so! I usually dont have the kind of patience to do wiring either but I told myself this time that I'm going to take my time and do it the right way and make it look as professional as I can.
    Mac Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by jmgak47 View Post
    Looks good! I am so OCD with wiring also, even where it can't be seen it has to look good!
    Thank you! I'm OCD with a lot of things but wiring usually isn't one of them. But now that I've started a clean wiring job I absolutely have to finish it the same way. Haha. Plus the fact that it's such a huge wiring job means I have to do a clean and thorough job.
    Mac Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by hemi_loredo03 View Post
    Bad ass Mac. Is the Megasquirt considered a piggy back system? Or is this replacing your PCM?
    Thanks! It can be done either way. Just depends on how you wire it. I really want to just completely replace my factory pcm but then I'd have to rewire the entire truck. So i haven't decided yet. But we will see.
    Mac Chapman

Very nice, taking your time to do it right the first time and making it look clean and factory makes the build look so much better.

Have you looked at the custom tuner studio layouts? Looking forward to seeing how you go regarding piggy back vs whole pcm.