Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Get SRT-10 Hood I have some ?

Default Going to Get SRT-10 Hood I have some ?

I want to order a SRT-10 hood for my 04 Ram,
    Should I order Factory http://www.eastcoastmoparts.com/auto...mponents-scat?

Mines an 04 do I order a 04 SRT hood or are they same though out the years?

Is there a good aftermarket one?

Do I reuse the latch and hinges and everything from my current truck?

Does grill and the grill frame get reused?

Does the hood get any kinda insulation under it?

What is this part ? Does it come with the hood and do i need it or is there something else to use?
    http://www.1aauto.com/2004-05-dodge-...FQotHwodY6sIyQ

Thanks
    2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.

I called around a little, and the Hood still is available with plenty in stock. You can also get it though the Accessory catalog complete and it's cheaper then ordering it separate.

Ill probably wait untill spring to get it.

From my understanding it is the same hood either way.
    2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.

I ordered my hood today, its going on a Black truck I am wondering what color should I paint the bezel,
    Leave it plastic color?
    paint it to match hood?
    Flat Black?
    Thanks

Everything will switch over from your hood.
    How much was it if you don't mind me asking? These things have fluctuated in price.
    I would get the bezel painted personally.
    '04 Ram STS Turbo

'06 Magnum SRT8

I paid $735 total with the bezel.

I ordered the Hood I think on Friday and I got it today and dropped it off at my buddies Body shop. The Bezel that came with it was already in a primer gray unlike the hood which was primer black. So it looks as if Ill paint the bezel the color of the truck and just leave the little plastic screen plastic black color. I am also going to have him paint and clear the bottom of the hood, unsure at this point if ill order the hood insulation to put on as it is on back order at this time.

While it is at the shop I am also going to have him paint the ram emblem on the front like a satin black, It is the only emblem left on the truck, Id remove it but it appears indented in the grill.

I would suggest the insulation. If in the unfortunate event of a fire, it could save your truck. or at least slow the fire enough for the firetruck to show up.

Some say it helps some say it doesn't, I am going to order it but it is on back order and no one seems to know when it'll be available.

I got my Hood painted and installed, I don't have any pictures, I painted and cleared the top and the bottom of the hood black and painted the air scoop, the only thing I left Flat black was the grill part of the scoop. The hood fits great and looks great, I may get the Insulation when it becomes available as it is on Back order at the moment. I am glad I went factory as I am quiet picky and this hood fits perfect.

I bet it looks great! I keep hoping a deal for one comes up so I can put one on my Cummins...
    '04 Ram STS Turbo

'06 Magnum SRT8