Thread: 04 Ram 1500 U Joints, are they all the same on the truck? How Many ? What brand?

Default 04 Ram 1500 U Joints, are they all the same on the truck? How Many ? What brand?

Hi, I am thinking about replacing my U joints though out the truck, How many are there front and rear and are they all the same part # or are there different ones used though out the truck?

What is the best brand? I was thinking of ordering Splicer, Grease able or not non grease able?

I am guessing rear D Shaft takes same front and rear, but what about front? of truck.

Any tips are replacing them?

Thanks

PS Truck is 4 WD 5.7 auto SLT Ext cab.
    2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.

Well I went with Spicer 5-1330x non grease able, I replaced all 3 of them ( 2 in the Rear shaft and 1 in the front shaft. Honestly when I took the shafts out the factory Joints were still in pretty good shape. The Joints were cheap so I just replaced them.
    2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.