Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 04 Ram 1500 Hemi, Diablo T1000 or Super Chips? Which is better?

05 QC/SB
    BV Heads & Greene Racing Cammed & Tuned

hp tuners /end thread

How does this get hooked up? Is it a lot of wiring? and do they make a pod/Mount for the pillar? I dont want to cut the truck up if I dont have to.
    2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.

You can get the pillar/pod mount from the srt10 Ram. Adds one gauge and retains the oh shit handle. The gauge plugs into the obd port.
    05 QC/SB
    BV Heads & Greene Racing Cammed & Tuned

I kinda like the dual gauge set up, I may go with these for gauges and then get a super chips tuner. It'll be a better set up I think then the Diablo
    2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.

So how does this plan sound,

Super chips tuner ( Not sure which model yet I see they have new one coming out )

And either Single or Dual Gauge

http://aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

Single i can mount with SRT Pillar if I can find color, Not sure how id mount dual gauge as i really want to keep my handle.

Super chip seems to get better reviews and Id rather have gauges then a GPS looking like thing sitting on dash, And the cost will be about the same for either package.

What do you guys think?

If I buy a dual Aero force gauge package can I disconnect one gauge and only use one now and save the other for later? When i figure out how I want to mount it?

I ordered the SC 3845, Its Super chips newest programmer, I updated it but have not yet installed it in my truck. I am a bit nervous as it is brand new and just released,I do hope they have all the bugs worked out. The programmer does look and feel well made.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/src-3845

Summit Priced matched amazon, I got it for $306.00

I finally got around to downloading a tune in the truck, There was a issue with the programmer at first as there was no Tow Tune, after speaking with SC They got me reprogrammed and on my way.

I installed the 93 Tune and disabled or raised the speed limiter as it is not very clear as to what it does.

The truck seems more responsive and I did pick up about 1.5 MPG. I guess it is ok for the money but I would not say it is night and day difference. I may try to mess with tranny tune a bit and see what that does. I do wish it was a little quicker to do as it takes 20-30 min to change tunes.