Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 04 Ram 1500 Hemi, Diablo T1000 or Super Chips? Which is better?

Default 04 Ram 1500 Hemi, Diablo T1000 or Super Chips? Which is better?

Hi, I am looking at the Diablo T1000 or and the Super chips Tuners, Is the Diablo worth the extra money? Are tuners something that is worth it anyway? Will I notice a difference?

What are the difference between the 2? I am not looking to go crazy with upgrades with the truck, Maybe exhaust and cold air intake. Thanks
    2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.

Either one will have you grinnin. Definitely a noticeable difference with a tune. I would say one doesn't out perform the other in terms of canned tunes, but with the T1000 you have the option to get a custom tune.

Is that the only really difference? Does one stay hooked up all the time or do you just plug them both in load tune then disconect?
    2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.

Correct me if I'm wrong but on an 04 only the SC will allow you to adjust trans settings. Diablo doesn't have trans support on the 03-04.
    05 QC/SB
    BV Heads & Greene Racing Cammed & Tuned

I have no idea Id like to know that also.

the trinity you keep plugged in if you want to use the additional gauges and such that it comes with.

As far as I know Diablo doesn't support 04 trans

That is ok, I don't really want to get into changing shift points, I am guessing with a custom tune they could though?

Superchips doesn't do custom tuning. I would contact Diablo and see if they support 04 trans tuning. I don't think they do. So even with a custom tune there wouldn't be any trans adjustments. From what I've seen on the forums the SC canned tunes run better than the Diablo canned tunes.
    05 QC/SB
    BV Heads & Greene Racing Cammed & Tuned

If the tunes are better Id lean toward the SC, I do like the gauge features of the T1000.

If I went with the Superchips, is there something else I could get that will have a display like the T1000 that shows all of the extra parameters ( fuel pressure,trans temp, times and so on ) Not a tuner just a add on display.

Also does the T1000 and the superchips do away with the speed limiter?