Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 6.4 swap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2012 6.4 swap

So I want to transplant a 6.4 from a 2012 challenger to my '89 truck , and I'm thinking what would be most efective way to control it performance and budget wise, consider I'm thinking about this because I can get the engine from pan to tb with exhaust manifolds and ecm for $2k

this engine doesn't have a harness so I need to get that I was thinking from a 2009+ ram and the gas pedal , it does have the pcm from the challenger but I'm really new to this so I don't know if it can work without having the nag1 trans as I'm keeping the 727 on the truck. this option is I think the most cost efective way and for performance from what I read in here HPtuners will become the best way to tune this.

The other one is going with a ms3 pro and converting the tb to cable operation but that goes for $1,500 for the ms3pro and what it needs to work.

so what do you guys think ?

here's the 6.4

Would love to see this swap happen!
    Ethan

First & only 4th gen 4x4 in the 12's NA 12.747 @ 104.07
    2012 Black SC 4x4 1500 Hemi, Coated ARH longtubes, Vararam intake,
    Circle-D 3000, Mopar V-6 fan, 180 t-stat, 2010 frontend swap/4.56 gears,
    Diablo trinity w Greene Racing tune, Moe's 87mm throttle body, AEM Wideband

BACK TO STOCK AND SOLD ON 9/28/2011 2006 Black SC 4x4
    1500 Hemi, Inertia BV heads, 268, Circle-D 3000, Long-tubes,
    efan, UD pulley, 4.56 gears, K&N intake, Duals, Diablo Predator,

yeah me too, I was thinking the other option would be a 5.7 eagle pcm from a chassis cab ram with manual trans, but the base tune from the challenger pcm would be best , I think the 392 hemi with the right converter and gear in the truck should be a lot of fun and a great platform for mods

An affordable plus easier route would be an intake, carb and a Hemi MSD6.
    Built, Not bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemidup View Post
    An affordable plus easier route would be an intake, carb and a Hemi MSD6.
    well the thing is my long therm plans are to boost the thing and I reaaaally want to learn this EFI stuff.

I really have nothing against carbs but I'm set on keeping the engine EFI, and for the cost of the msd6 Hemi I can get the harness and other stuff locally to get it running with efi IF I can figure out the software deal

Good luck man and I hope to see it come through!
    2003 HEMI RAM QC,

60' - 1.54
    1/8 - 7.933
    1/4 - 12.834

2016 HEMI RAM

60 - 1.64
    1/8 - 7.57
    1/4 - 11.98

I know modern muscle has a standalone engine harness and computer for a 6.4L resto swap and they have them for both a manual or an automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for what I found on their site they use FAST, and thats more than double the ms3pro way too much $ for me

Quote Originally Posted by CharonBlk07 View Post
    I know modern muscle has a standalone engine harness and computer for a 6.4L resto swap and they have them for both a manual or an automatic.
    Pretty much what I would suggest or Bpeusa, hotrodlane etc..Have your ecm programmed for no mds and manual. Buy build a harness. Or buy a harness from them and wire the ms3pro(can it run gen4's?) Phase locker and so forth.
    Last edited by THEBIGCHEEZY; 01-15-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Well I decided to go with a ms3pro and I saw a way to convert the stock tb to cable operation on a hot rod article not pretty but It'll work